It’s July. There are lulls in the action. Even though it’s been a fairly eventful summer, as Red Wings’ summers go, we all fall off the map from time to time. With my two partners in crime back in action, I thought today might be an appropriate time to play a little bit of catch up with my e-mail inbox, which is half-populated by Red Wings press releases. The other half? Much less exciting.
- First, the Jordan Pearce re-signing has officially been confirmed by the team.
- In the same release, it was announced that Francis Pare has also been re-signed. He was the last restricted free agent whose fate hadn’t yet been decided. CapGeek has the NHL cap hit at $557,500. See the chart below for an updated list of Wings free agents.
- For the sweater junkies, DetroitRedWings.com’s Bill Roose tweeted the newest Wings’ jersey numbers. Ty Conklin will be in his familiar #29; the newest Griffins Garnet Exelby and Chris Conner will be in #3 and #41, respectively, if they ever suit up for the big club; Ian White will don Kirk Maltby’s #18; and Mike Commodore mercifully passed up #64 and will wear his #22.
- FAR overdue, but definitely check out the third installment of the Red Wings Roundtable, hosted by our bestest buddies at Winging it in Motown.
- The Wings are looking for help in deciding which six players will be featured as Bobble Heads this season.
Without being too much of a tease (you know… like last summer), we’ve got some changes in store for TPL, so please bear with us while we put the finishing touches on the plans!
[table id=32 /]