Kick-ass pledges are streaming in. The following are new pledges since the publishing of this post:
- Nurse Nitz is matching her pledge from the Canucks game. Whoever scores the game-winner will have his jersey number matched in dollars (i.e. Zetterberg = $40).
- Dena is dropping $10 on a Franzen hat trick and $5 for each Crosby tantrum (get your checkbook ready, babe).
- thenewthomas will match the $10 Franzen pledge.
- Along those same lines, Sara N. will pledge $10 for a hat trick from any Red Wing.
- Sara S. wants to give $87 for keeping Sidney Crosby goal-less.
- TPL Mom thinks Rafalski and Miller want revenge for the Olympics. $20.10 if either of them score (and $52 if Ericsson scores).
- Brad has pledged $13 per takeaway by Pavel Datsyuk. $26 if he takes the puck away from Crosby or Malkin.
- Jenn’s got $29 on Fleury being removed from the game. Gotta score early and often, boys.
- Crosby held scoreless? Jenn has $10, Sara N. has $5.28. Another $5.28 if he’s held point-less.
- Serven’s got $5 for each Lady Gaga appearance. $10 for MegaMix.
- Adrienne has $5 for each Lidstrom goal.
- Bikeguy59 has $25 for the win. The win is now worth $94.
Keep ’em coming, gang.
WHAT’S ALL THIS THEN?
2. Of the prior sixteen meetings, each team has taken 8 games and a Stanley Cup from the other. Obviously, there’s a tiny bit less at stake for this matchup than many of the others — but it’s still a huge game for both sides, as they’re angling for playoff position.
3. Just find a way to win. Two big points (against the shitbox Eastern Conference) will go a long way in hunting down the Avalanche, Kings, and Predators — and shove the Flames a bit further back.
6. Los Angeles :: 87 pts (12 GR) [play Colorado tonight]
NOW WHERE WERE WE?
Franzen — Datsyuk — Holmstrom
Patrick “Everyting” Eaves
Dan “Gotta Keep Moving” Cleary
Pavel “Out of Our Heads” Datsyuk
Jonathan “Bring Me Down” Ericsson
Brett “Wouldn’t Want To Be You” Lebda
Chris “Nothing Left” Osgood
Tomas “Under My Skin” Holmstrom
Darren “All That I Want” Helm
Drew “New Way Out” Miller
Nicklas “Neat Neat Neat” Lidstrom
Jimmy “Be Me” Howard
Justin “Another Day” Abdelkader
Jiri “No Fun” Hudler
Darren “Step Outside” McCarty
Ville “Moving On” Leino
Todd “Affliction” Bertuzzi — orrr
Todd “Sham” Bertuzzi — orrr
Todd “So Cold” Bertuzzi
2. Jimmy Howard has played very well lately, losing in regulation only once in the last eight games. The Penguins have as much firepower as any (especially now that Malkin is back), so he’ll be test often. A strong game goes a long way.
3. Speaking of which, this is a quintessential game for Nick Lidstrom to step up and dominate defensively.
4. Will Henrik Zetterberg build off that emotional game winner from the other night and snap out of his relative slump?
5. Perhaps Darren Helm will have war flashbacks of the last two Finals and go all torpedo on everyone.